List of things to do before my first grandbaby arrives.
1) Rip out any drywall that might have gotten damp.
2) Rip out and replace twenty year old rug that my kids merrily trashed.
3) Repaint everywhere and re-grout all the tiles in the bathrooms.
4) Isolate and lock up any nasty things that the baby might get into. Yes, it is early to do this, but good habits are best started soonest.
5) Acquire switch blanks for all electrical outlets.
6) Get stair gates.
7) Remove anything breakable in reach that might hurt the baby.
This list is growing. I imagined I was done with these safeguards when my own kids were grown. Stroll on me. I must have a very safe environment for my grandbaby.